7 omega-3 eggs
2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp fresh parsley minced
3 scallions, finely minced
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 orange bell pepper, diced
7 spears asparagus, diced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Roma tomato, diced
1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, water, parsley, scallions, salt and pepper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 F
- Preheat an oven safe saute pan to medium. Saute pepper, asparagus, and garlic in olive oil until softened, 2-3 min.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour egg mixture into the pan. Gently stir eggs occasionally, tilting the pan to
allow the uncooked eggs to run toward the edges until the eggs begin to set.
- Decorate with tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until puffed and golden, approx. 10-12 min.
- Slice frittata into 6 wedges. Garnish with additional parsley, if desired.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin 513mcg
Omega-3 305 mg
Vitamin B12 16%DV
Taken from Visionary Kitchen: A Cookbook for Eye Health by Sandra Young, OD