2 cups packed kale leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
2 ripe kiwis, peeled and quartered
1 cup sweet green grapes (or 1 banana)
Juice of one lime
1 cup filtered water
- Put grapes in blender. Twirl until blended.
- Add kiwis, kale and water. Blend until smooth.
- Check consistency and add water as needed.
- Taste; flavor will vary depending on how sweet the kiwis and grapes are.
- If too tart, omit the lime juice and add grapes.
- If sweet, add lime juice.
*If kiwis are quite sweet, you will get more eye nutrients by using more kiwis and less grapes or bananas.
*If using bananas, using lime juice is essential to reduce oxidation (browning) of the smoothie.
*Enjoy immediately and keep leftovers in individual reusable bottles in the fridge for up to four days. Before drinking leftovers, shake well.
Makes 1 Glass. Double as Needed.
Courtesy of eyefoods.com