2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
½ large onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 orange peppers, chopped
¾ cup white wine
1 orange peeled and chopped
2 tbsp fresh ginger or 2 tsp ginger powder
4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
½ cup whole-wheat croutons
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sautee onion, celery and carrot in 2 tbsp canola or olive oil on med-high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add sweet potatoes, orange peppers, white wine, orange and ginger. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring.
- Add stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer on med-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Puree in a blender, food processor or using a hand blender. Add more stock or water as necessary to achieve your desired thickness.
- Return to low heat for 2-3 minutes to reheat.
- Garnish with whole-wheat croutons and chopped parsley.
Serving Tip: Chop raw baby spinach and place at the bottom of the bowl. Add hot soup. Let sit for a couple of minutes to soften spinach. Enjoy.