- 2 eggplants, sliced in 1/3' slices lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3/4 lb grass-fed beef or bison
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles, no-boil style
- 3 bell peppers(orange), roasted, halved, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1). Roast the eggplant, preheat oven to 375 F.
Rub 1 Tbsp olive oil evenly over a baking sheet.
Place sliced eggplant on the baking sheet.
Flip eggplant over so that a little oil is on both sides.
Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
2). For the beef, preheat a saute pan to medium-high.
Add the oil and garlic sauteing briefly followed by the onions and ground beef, salt and pepper.
3). To assemble, lightly grease a 9'x7'x2.2' glass baking dish.
Layer in the following order:
1 cup marinara, 2 lasagna noodles, layer of eggplant, 1/2 ground beef, 1 cup marinara, 2 lasagna noodles, layer of orange bell pepper, 1 cup marinara, mozzarella cheese.
4). Preheat oven to 350 F.
Bake for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
Uncover and finish baking for 20 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly.